Lectures at the University on 13.5.2019 at 9.00 -> 16.00 - these are mandatory for all Finnish students! (in Finnish --> not for exchange students)
The course at Oulanka Research Station 6.-12.6.2019; starting 6.6. at 9.00
- no transport provided, get your own ride
Necessary equipments (not a comprehensive list!)
- Sharp tweezers (order from SAR-machine, http://www.sar-machine.fi/)
- "Eläinten lajintuntemus, selkärangattomat" -handout from year 2013-2017 & possibly other identification material
- High rubber boots (hiking boots alone will not suffice)
- Waterproof clothing (an umbrella won’t do)
- Notebook and pencil
- Hand lense (loupe)
- Field guides for fish, bryophytes and aquatic invertebrates (recommended)
- Scalpel, preparation scissors, rubber gloves etc.
- Own sheets (sleeping bag is not enough)
- Money for accommodation and food (the price will include accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner for all days; no other options available)
- Student card (to get the student price)
- Camera, binoculars, own waders (optional)
- Sunglasses, insect repellent?
Exam in Oulanka
- Theory part: all lectures and the scientific reading package given in advance
- Identification of organisms: all species met during the course, handout provided (list of organisms names) is allowed in exam
- Practical part: taking samples etc.
- Riisitunturi report
Grading: theory 2/5, identification 2/5, practical 0.5/5, report 0.5/5, pre-assignment pass/fail