In English / suomeksi
XXIX Geophysics Days will be held in Rovaniemi 21.-22.3.2019.
The aim of this biennial meeting is to pass information about new scientific research topics to the researchers and students of various disciplines of geophysics - solid earth, hydrosphere, atmosphere and near-Earth space.
The meeting is organized by Geophysical Society of Finland
31.1.201928.2.2019 Registration deadline (extended deadline)
- 28.2.2019 Conference article submission deadline
Instructions for registration are available here.
Conference abstracts / articles
- Instructions for writing abstracts / articles
- Articles are to be submitted to Toni Veikkolainen (email@example.com) via email
- Articles can be written in English or Finnish.
Program can be downloaded from this link (UPDATED on 21.3. at 12.19!).
The abstract book can be downloaded from this link.
Confirmed keynote speakers: John Moore (University of Lapland), Timo Vihma (FMI) and Martin Vermeer (Aalto University).
Studia Generalia lecturer: Jaan Praks (Aalto University), Piensatelliittien vallankumous
Young researcher contest
The best presentation given by a young researcher will be awarded with a monetary prize and diploma. Contest is open for PhD students and young postdocs (< 5 years after PhD). List of previous awardees can be found here.
Venue and Equipment
- Venue: Arktikum, Rovaniemi (Pohjoisranta 4, 96200 Rovaniemi).
- Equipment: Poster format A0 (portrait), data projector in the lecture room. Best viewing result is obtained using the aspect ratio 16:9.
Please note that the meeting is during the peak tourist season! We recommend the participants to book their accommodation as soon as possible. We have reserved quotas in three different hotels. See room rates and reservation deadlines here.
Trains and flights to Rovaniemi
Local buses and taxis
- Bus timetables: https://linkkari.fi/
- Taxis in Rovaniemi:
- Chair of the organizing committee: Lauri Holappa, Oulun yliopisto, Avaruusilmaston tutkimusyksikkö (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary of the society: Toni Veikkolainen, Helsingin yliopisto, Fysiikan laitos (email@example.com, 040 7645113)
Geophysical Society of Finland
Site of the society: http://www.geofysiikanseura.fi
Local organizing commitee:
Sirpa Rasmus (Univeristy of Lapland)
Kalevi Mursula (University of Oulu)
Lauri Holappa (University of Oulu), Chair
Toni Veikkolainen (University of Helsinki)
Toivo Korja (Luleå Tekniska Universitet)
Irene Suomi (Finnish Meteorological Institute)