A. What is qualitative research?
In this task you have to explore what is qualitative research. What kind of data collection techniques are available, how to design qualitative data collection, what are strenghts / limitations of the approach etc.
- Choose one qualitative methodology: e.g. ethnography, interviews, case study,
- You have to create a document where you "present" your methodology
- What is purpose of the methdology?
- What are typical methods in this methodology?
- What are limitations in chosen methodology?
- What are typical research questions in such methodology?
- What kind examples can be found (journal articles etc.)
- Create document (wikipage, google doc, o365 doc etc.) and SHARE it to me (with commenting / editing rights) during this week
- I will comment your work during the process
- Do it collaboratively, not co-opreatively: it means process writing where you try to achieve shared understanding and write all parts of the document together
|Name||Qualitative method||Locaton of delivarble (hyperlink)|
|Participation Action Research (PAR)||https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sQMAzpUg8OEf38I0aUvSlaYESQiwnUDJx14ZZYBM-js/edit?usp=sharing|
|Nicholas Whitehurst||Direct Observation||https://docs.google.com/document/d/16OXqERKHpGn1azmi3hCL8rDsy_kjCSNxUYr3YJ0NcHQ/edit?usp=sharing|
B. Method section explained (similar to section in your thesis)
Your individual task is to write enhanced method section of your thesis. In this task you have to comment and explain your methodological choices: why you are using interview as data collection technique etc.
Contents of this deliverable have to include similar sections that are used in master theses.