Reminder: Course design
Participation is really important in part B of the course!Icon
It's not acceptable that some of students doesn't participate into face-to-face activities. Some of the activities like this 13.3 are designed SO that you should be present. Absence of the workshops will have it's effect to evaluation. It's impossible to design activities where groups are dependent if some groups are not present!
It's very important THAT you will inform responsible teacher about your absence. In order to complete this course you need to reschedule other activities in order that you can participate into lessons.
1. Presentation of the challenges + Discussion per challenge ~30min
Expert groups will present their design challenges to whole class
- Short overview
Some topics for discussion
- What is the context: country, educational setting? Why did you choose THAT context?
- What kind of societal / educational / technological isssues emerged? Do you think that presented problems are representative example of issues in the context?
2. Exchange of the challenges
2.1 Read case descriptions carefully & discuss & identify topics ~30min
Read documentation carefully that you got. Have a discussion in your group and Identify the areas or topics that you would like to talk to experts about.
2.2. Expert interviews ~30min
Experts have already done research relevant to your design project. Experts can help you to learn about the context of a particular country, understand the digital divides, societal issues etc. that might affect design and implementation of solutions, or provide you with other information.
Try to speak with people who have different opinions on the topics to challenge. In practise, start with design challenge group and interview also other country group / teachers to get their opinions also.
Return to these experts (design challenge creators) during the latter phases of the design project.
3. Explore new knowledge about the design challenge and it's context ~60min
Now design challenge is a starting point to your group's design work. It's your task to dig deeper, to get more knowledge about digital divides, societal issues and other contextual variables in order to get optimal conditions to your instructional design and technological demonstrations. The challenge and contextual description is only starting point for your work.
You can also fine-tune design challenge itself, but you have to keep the original idea what should be designed.
4. Brainstorm in your group to get first ideas of instructional design / tools ~30min
What might be the instructional design which would solve the challenge you got? What kind of technological tools would support your instructional designs? Don't worry, these aspects will be covered in the latter workshops, but now it's good time to create roadmap / first steps..
Self-assesment of the design challenge phase
This form will be available in next week / friday.
- 1. Presentation of the challenges + Discussion per challenge ~30min
- 2. Exchange of the challenges
- 3. Explore new knowledge about the design challenge and it's context ~60min
- 4. Brainstorm in your group to get first ideas of instructional design / tools ~30min
- No labels