Video lecture: quality of qualitative research
Video 2: The Quality of Qualitative Research. Part 2 of 3 on Research Quality: A lecture on the quality of research and the research process taken from a series on research methods and research design given to masters (graduate) students by Graham R Gibbs at the University of Huddersfield. This is part 2 of three, and deals with adapting the ideas of reliability, validity, generalizability to the field of qualitative research. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGeh_foiwu0&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLirEzjzoHKvxaX8zZuFUSAi4jdukeexwx)
- Video 1: Reliability, validity, generalizability and credibility. Pt .1 of 3: Research Quality (quantitative approach)
- Video 3:The Process of Research. Part 3 of 3 on Research Quality and the Research process:
1. Go to Jultika (jultika.oulu.fi)
2. Download thesis [filter: master thesis, english, faculty of education]
3. Try to get answer to these questions
- What is transferability of the research design? How thoroughly the research context and the assumptions are described in text?.
- What kind of triangulation has been used in thesis? if any?
- What kind of exact reliability/validity or credibility/transferability/dependability/comfirmability descriptions you can recognize from master thesis?